Definition of American Eskimo dog
- The breed usually makes a good pet, and adult American Eskimo dogs grow no larger than 25 to 30 pounds each.
- —Robert Kelly, St. Louis Post-Dispatch, 8 Feb. 1999
- The American Eskimo Dog is intelligent, alert and friendly, although slightly conservative.
- —The Complete Dog Book, 19th edition, 1997
- American Eskimos are recognized for their endless reserves of energy and guard-dog instincts, and amid all the hubbub of a dog show, she is easily distracted.
- —Jeremy Brown, Corpus Christi Caller-Times, 11 Feb. 2002