Definition of Altamaha
river 137 miles (220 kilometers) long in the southeastern part of the U.S. state of Georgia; formed by junction of the Ocmulgee and the Oconee rivers and flowing southeast into Altamaha Sound (estuary)
standardized text or formulaic language
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game