Definition of Algeria
country in northwestern Africa bordering on the Mediterranean Sea; capital Algiers area 918,497 square miles (2,390,315 square kilometers), population 34,200,000
Note: Most of Algeria's population is located in the north, as the central and southern parts of the country are within the Sahara.
Keep scrolling for more
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game