Definition of Alabama
1 river 315 miles (507 kilometers) long in southern Alabama flowing southwest into the Tensaw and Mobile rivers — see tallapoosa
2 state in the southeastern U.S. extending to the Gulf of Mexico in the southwest; capital Montgomery area 51,705 square miles (133,916 square kilometers), population 4,779,736
to form ideas or theories about something
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game