Definition of Afro-Caribbean
: a person of African descent born or living in a Caribbean nation In Louisiana, the Acadians reestablished their culture and absorbed other ethnic groups around them—French Creoles, Germans, Americans, and Afro-Caribbeans—to form a society called Cajun, which, of course, is a corruption of Acadian.— Hugh Merrill, The Blues Route, 1990
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?