Afro-Asiatic languagesplural noun
Definition of Afro-Asiatic languages
: a family of languages widely distributed over southwestern Asia and northern Africa, comprising the Semitic, Egyptian, Berber, Cushitic, and Chad subfamilies — see hamitic languages
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game