Definition of African cypress
: any of several cypress pines of southern Africa that vary in size from moderate shrubs to tall trees and include some that produce a fragrant yellowish to brown wood suitable for cabinetwork and a resin that is used locally
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?