Aes·cu·la·ce·ae | \ ˌe-skyə-ˈlā-sē-ˌē\
Definition of Aesculaceae
in some classifications
: a family of shrubs and trees of the order Sapindales that are usually made a tribe of the family Hippocastanaceae or placed among the Sapindaceae — compare aesculus
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game