Ae·o·lid·i·dae | \ ˌē-ə-ˈli-də-ˌdē\
Definition of Aeolididae
: a family that is made up of nudibranchs that have many nematocysts obtained from the hydroids on which they feed and that is sometimes placed with related families in a superfamily (Aeolidoidea)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?