Ae·gi·lops | \ ˈē-jə-ˌläps, ˈe-\
Definition of Aegilops
in some classifications
: a genus of grasses sometimes used to include the presumed wild ancestors of domestic wheat which are now usually placed in the genus Triticum
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game