Ac·ti·nis·tia | \ ˌak-tə-ˈni-stē-ə\
Definition of Actinistia
: an order (superorder Crossopterygii) of chiefly Mesozoic fishes including the family Coelacanthidae having the interspinous bones supporting each dorsal and anal fin fused into one piece — compare latimeria
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?