Definition of Abitur
: an examination that students in Germany are required to pass in order to be eligible to attend a university Women take a different route to underemployment. Their problem is not education: they make up a majority of those who pass the Abitur as well as of university students. — The Economist, 11 Mar. 2010
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?