Definition of AIFF
: an uncompressed lossless computer file format used for the storage of digital audio data Fortunately most studios have CD burners; the easiest and most portable solution is to create a CD-ROM of WAV or AIFF files.— Todd Souvignier, Loops and Grooves, 2003
Keep scrolling for more
standardized text or formulaic language
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game