-pteranoun combining form
-p·tera | \ -pt(ə)rə\
Definition of -ptera
: organism or organisms having (such or so many) wings or winglike parts —in taxonomic names especially in zoology HemipteraPhysaloptera
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game