-morphaenoun plural combining form
-mor·phae | \ ˈmȯrˌfē, ˈmȯ(ə)ˌ-\
Definition of -morphae
: ones having (such) a form —in names of zoological taxa, especially of birds, larger than a genus Psittacomorphae
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game