Definition of -aceous
1a : characterized by : full of setaceous
b : consisting of diatomaceous : having the nature or form of tuffaceous
2a : of or relating to a group of animals typified by (such) a form cetaceous or characterized by (such) a feature crustaceous
b : of or relating to a plant family solanaceous
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game