(what) with one thing and anotheridiom
Definition of (what) with one thing and another
—used to say that one has been very busy doing or dealing with many things What with one thing and another, I haven't had a chance to buy them a wedding gift.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game