(right) up/down someone's alleyidiom
Definition of (right) up/down someone's alley
chiefly US, informal
: especially suited to someone's tastes or abilities I love books, so volunteering at the library is up my alley. That's right up my alley. I'd love to do it.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game