(right) under someone's noseidiom
Definition of (right) under someone's nose
—used to describe something that someone fails to see or notice even though he or she should I don't know why you couldn't find it—it's right here under your nose.They were embezzling funds right under his nose.The answer was right under our noses the whole time.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game