(only) time will tellidiom
Definition of (only) time will tell
—used to say that the results of a situation will be known only after a certain amount of time has passed "Will he be OK?" "I don't know. Only time will tell."
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game