(let's) face itidiom (1)
Definition of (let's) face it
(Entry 1 of 2)
—used to say that something is true and cannot be denied Face it, a lot of people don't even bother to vote.Let's face it, most of us don't get enough exercise.
let's face itidiom (2)
Definition of let's face it (Entry 2 of 2)
—used to say that something is true and cannot be denied Let's face it, those two were never right for each other.
incapable of being surmounted or overcome
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game