(let's) face itidiom (1)
Definition of (let's) face it
(Entry 1 of 2)
—used to say that something is true and cannot be denied Face it, a lot of people don't even bother to vote.Let's face it, most of us don't get enough exercise.
let's face itidiom (2)
Definition of let's face it (Entry 2 of 2)
—used to say that something is true and cannot be denied Let's face it, those two were never right for each other.
Words from Greek and Latin Quiz
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game