(don't) you wishidiom
Definition of (don't) you wish
—used to tell people in a rude way that it is unlikely that they will get what they want Give you a kiss? You wish.You think she's going to ask you out? Don't you wish!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game