(don't) I wishidiom
Definition of (don't) I wish
—used to say that one wants something to happen but knows it will probably not happen "Did he ask you to the dance?" "I wish!""Will you be getting the job?" "Don't I wish!"
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game