(a) method in/to one's madnessidiom
Definition of (a) method in/to one's madness
: good reasons for one's actions even though they may seem foolish or strange Though his staff is often confused by the way he runs the office, I've found that there's (a) method in/to his madness.
an act or instance of returning to life
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game