(like) water off a duck's backidiom
Definition of (like) water off a duck's back
: having no effect on someone He tried to convince her to take the job, but his advice was like water off a duck's back.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game