(let's) face itidiom (1)
Definition of (let's) face it
(Entry 1 of 2)
—used to say that something is true and cannot be denied Face it, a lot of people don't even bother to vote.Let's face it, most of us don't get enough exercise.
let's face itidiom (2)
Definition of let's face it (Entry 2 of 2)
—used to say that something is true and cannot be denied Let's face it, those two were never right for each other.
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game