Definition of (it) serves (someone) right
—used to say that someone who has behaved badly deserves a particular punishment, problem, etc. "I hear his wife is divorcing him." "It serves him right after the way he's treated her.""He won't even talk to me." " Serves you right for lying to him."
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- “In Vino Veritas” and Other Latin Phrases to Live By
- 7 Shakespearean Insults to Make Life More Interesting
- Word Well Used: 'Resplendent'
- Machiavellianism and (A Whole Lot) More
Ask the Editors
- That Sounds Right/Write/Wright Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game