(go) jump in a/the lakeidiom
Definition of (go) jump in a/the lake
chiefly US, informal
—used as an angry way to tell someone to go away I was so mad at him that I told him to go jump in the lake.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game