: causing sweat <a sweaty day> <sweaty work>
Examples of SWEATY
- a hot and sweaty afternoon
- We were hot and sweaty after playing basketball.
- My clothes are all sweaty from my workout.
First Known Use of SWEATY
Related to SWEATY
- arduous, Augean, backbreaking, challenging, demanding, difficult, effortful, exacting, formidable, grueling (or gruelling), heavy, hellacious, herculean, killer, laborious, moiling, murderous, pick-and-shovel, rigorous, rough, rugged, severe, stiff, strenuous, hard, tall, testing, toilsome, tough, uphill
- cheap, easy, effortless, facile, light, mindless, simple, soft, undemanding
Next Word in the Dictionary: swedePrevious Word in the Dictionary: sweatweedAll Words Near: sweaty
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up sweaty? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).