stop·page noun \ˈstä-pij\
: the act of stopping something
: a situation in which workers stop working for a period of time as a protest
sports : an occurrence in which play is stopped during a game
Examples of STOPPAGE
- The penalty caused a stoppage in play.
- There have been more than 10 minutes in stoppages.
- 10 minutes of stoppage time
First Known Use of STOPPAGE
Related to STOPPAGE
- arrest, arrestment, cease, cessation, check, close, closedown, closure, conclusion, cutoff, discontinuance, discontinuation, ending, expiration, finish, halt, lapse, offset, shutdown, shutoff, stay, stop, end, surcease, termination
- continuance, continuation
Learn More About STOPPAGE
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up stoppage? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).