: having acquired mastery of or skill in something (as a technique or a trade) <skilled in the art of negotiation>
: of, relating to, or requiring workers or labor with skill and training in a particular occupation, craft, or trade
Examples of SKILLED
- a very skilled and talented writer
- He is skilled at cooking.
- Carpentry is a skilled trade.
First Known Use of SKILLED
Related to SKILLED
- accomplished, ace, adept, compleat, complete, consummate, crack, crackerjack, educated, experienced, expert, good, great, master, masterful, masterly, practiced (also practised), professed, proficient, skillful, versed, veteran, virtuoso
- amateur, amateurish, inexperienced, inexpert, jackleg, unprofessional, unseasoned, unskilled, unskillful
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up skilled? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).