: to form into a new grouping <regroup military forces>
: to reorganize (as after a setback) for renewed activity
: to alter the tactical formation of a military force
Examples of REGROUP
- Members of the search party will regroup in the morning.
- The general regrouped his forces after the retreat.
- Let's regroup and try this again.
- Wait a minute. I need to regroup.
- The coach called a time-out to give his players time to regroup.
First Known Use of REGROUP
Rhymes with REGROUP
, blood group
, closed loop
, duck soup
, ground loop
, pea soup
, toe loop
, war whoop
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up regroup? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).