: free of unwanted substances
: improved to be more precise or exact
: having or showing the good education, polite manners, etc., that are expected in people who belong to a high social class
Examples of REFINED
- She has become more refined in her painting technique.
- He has very refined manners.
- refined and elegant works of art
First Known Use of REFINED
Related to REFINED
- developed, evolved, forward, high, higher, improved, late, progressive, advanced
- backward, low, lower, nonprogressive, primitive, retarded, rude, rudimentary, undeveloped
Rhymes with REFINED
, fly blind
, month's mind
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up refined? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).