a : easily aroused to anger
b : filled with anger : angry
: swayed by or affected with sexual desire
— pas·sion·ate·ly adverb
— pas·sion·ate·ness noun
Examples of PASSIONATE
- He gave a passionate speech on tax reform.
- She has a passionate interest in animal rights.
- She is passionate about art.
- We were moved by his passionate plea for forgiveness.
First Known Use of PASSIONATE
Related to PASSIONATE
- concupiscent, goatish, horny, hot, hypersexual, itchy, lascivious, lecherous, lewd, libidinous, licentious, lubricious (or lubricous), oversexed, lustful, randy, salacious, satyric, wanton
- frigid, undersexed
Learn More About PASSIONATE
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up passionate? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).