man·ag·er noun \ˈma-ni-jər\
: someone who is in charge of a business, department, etc.
: someone who directs the training and performance of a sports team; especially : a person who directs a baseball team
: someone who directs the professional career of an entertainer or athlete
Examples of MANAGER
- I'd like to speak to the manager, please.
- He was promoted to manager last year.
- The team's general manager acquired five new players for the upcoming season.
- The manager decided to change pitchers in the eighth inning.
- The actress recently fired her manager.
First Known Use of MANAGER
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up manager? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).