man·age·ment noun \ˈma-nij-mənt\
: the act or skill of controlling and making decisions about a business, department, sports team, etc.
: the people who make decisions about a business, department, sports team, etc.
: the act or process of deciding how to use something
: the act or art of managing : the conducting or supervising of something (as a business)
: judicious use of means to accomplish an end
Examples of MANAGEMENT
- Business improved under the management of new owners.
- We're using new management techniques.
- Management and labor could not agree.
- He has a job in middle management.
- The managements of several top corporations met yesterday.
- a new system of water management
First Known Use of MANAGEMENT
Related to MANAGEMENT
- administration, care, charge, control, direction, governance, government, guidance, handling, intendance, conduct, operation, oversight, presidency, regulation, running, stewardship, superintendence, superintendency, supervision
man·age·ment noun \ˈman-ij-mənt\ (Medical Dictionary)
: the whole system of care and treatment of a disease or a sick individual <the management of contagious diseases>
Learn More About MANAGEMENT
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up management? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).