: very complicated
: having a part in something : included in something
: actively participating in something
a : marked by extreme and often needless or excessive complexity
b : difficult to deal with because of complexity or disorder
: being affected or implicated
— in·volv·ed·ly \-ˈväl-vəd-lē, -ˈvȯl- also -ˈvä-vəd- or -ˈvȯ-\ adverb
Examples of INVOLVED
- a long and involved story
- The instructions for assembling the toy are very involved.
- The process is quite involved.
- Those of us who were involved knew exactly what happened.
- Students who stay involved get more out of the program.
- If you want to make things better, you need to get involved.
- They quickly became romantically involved.
- No one knew that they were involved.
First Known Use of INVOLVED
Related to INVOLVED
- baroque, byzantine, complicate, complicated, convoluted, daedal, elaborate, intricate, involute, complex, knotty, labyrinthian, labyrinthine, sophisticated, tangled
- noncomplex, noncomplicated, plain, simple, uncomplicated
Learn More About INVOLVED
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up involved? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).