high noon noun
: exactly noon
: the time when a fight or contest will happen or be decided
: the most important or active time of something
: the most advanced, flourishing, or creative stage or period <the high noon of her career>
: the time of a decisive confrontation or contest
Examples of HIGH NOON
- The duel was to take place at high noon.
- We are approaching high noon of the election campaign.
- the high noon of her career
First Known Use of HIGH NOON
Related to HIGH NOON
- blossom, florescence, floruit, flower, flush, heyday, bloom, prime, salad days, springtime
- bottom, nadir, rock bottom
Rhymes with HIGH NOON
, blue moon
, full moon
, Maine coon
, new moon
Learn More About HIGH NOON
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up high noon? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).