hasty adjective \ˈhā-stē\
: done or made very quickly
: done or made too quickly
: acting too quickly
a archaic : rapid in action or movement : speedy
b : done or made in a hurry
c : fast and typically superficial <made a hasty examination of the wound>
Examples of HASTY
- I made a hasty sketch of the scene.
- Seeing the dog, the cat made a hasty retreat up a tree.
- We don't want to make any hasty decisions.
- He later realized that he was too hasty in his decision to quit.
First Known Use of HASTY
Related to HASTY
- cursory, drive-by, flying, gadarene, headlong, helter-skelter, hurried, overhasty, pell-mell, precipitate, precipitous, rash, rushed
- deliberate, unhurried, unrushed
See Synonym Discussion at fast
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up hasty? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).