Examples of CURSORY
- Only a cursory inspection of the building's electrical wiring was done.
- The mayor gave a cursory glance at the report.
- Even the most cursory look at the organization's records shows problems.
Origin of CURSORY
Late Latin cursorius
of running, from Latin currere
First Known Use: 1601
Related to CURSORY
- hasty, drive-by, flying, gadarene, headlong, helter-skelter, hurried, overhasty, pell-mell, precipitate, precipitous, rash, rushed
- deliberate, unhurried, unrushed
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up cursory? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).