har·mo·nize verb \ˈhär-mə-ˌnīz\
: to play or sing different musical notes that sound pleasing together : to play or sing in harmony
: to be combined or go together in a pleasing way : to be in harmony
: to cause (two or more things) to be combined or to go together in a pleasing or effective way
: to bring into consonance or accord
Examples of HARMONIZE
- A group of singers were harmonizing on the street corner.
- Their beliefs did not always harmonize.
- The singers harmonized their voices beautifully.
- a recipe that harmonizes flavors from different parts of the world
- The background music is not harmonized with the action on-screen.
First Known Use of HARMONIZE
Related to HARMONIZE
- agree, assort, blend, chime, chime in, conform, consort, coordinate, groove
- clash, collide, conflict
Learn More About HARMONIZE
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up harmonize? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).