force·ful adjective \ˈfȯrs-fəl\
: having a strong and confident quality
: expressed in a way that is effective and that influences people's thoughts and ideas
: done with military or physical force
Examples of FORCEFUL
- He has a very forceful personality.
- She's a confident and forceful leader.
- They have made a forceful argument in favor of changing the system.
- The government has threatened to use more forceful measures if necessary.
First Known Use of FORCEFUL
Related to FORCEFUL
- compelling, conclusive, convincing, decisive, effective, cogent, persuasive, satisfying, strong, telling
- inconclusive, indecisive, ineffective, uncompelling, unconvincing, unpersuasive
Learn More About FORCEFUL
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up forceful? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).