en·clo·sure noun \in-ˈklō-zhər, en-\
: an area that is surrounded by a wall, fence, etc. : an enclosed space
: something that is included with a letter or in a package
: the act of enclosing something
: something enclosed <a letter with two enclosures>
Examples of ENCLOSURE
- During the day the horses are kept in an enclosure.
- a letter with two enclosures
- One of the enclosures was a photograph.
- the enclosure of a photograph with a letter
- the enclosure of the garden
First Known Use of ENCLOSURE
Learn More About ENCLOSURE
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up enclosure? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).