cursed adjective \ˈkər-səd, ˈkərst\
: affected by a curse that causes bad things to happen
: affected by something bad
: annoying or unpleasant
: being under or deserving a curse
— cursed·ly adverb
— cursed·ness noun
Examples of CURSED
- Some people think the old house is cursed.
- a people cursed with famine
- His cursed stupidity got him in trouble again.
- I can't get this cursed radio to work.
First Known Use of CURSED
Related to CURSED
- accursed (or accurst), blasted, confounded, cotton-picking, damnable (also curst), cussed, dang, danged, darn (also durn), darned (also durned), deuced, doggone (or doggoned), freaking, goddamned (or goddamn or goddam), infernal
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up cursed? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).