ar·riv·al noun \ə-ˈrī-vəl\
: the act of coming to or reaching a place : the act of arriving
: someone or something that has come to a place : someone or something that has arrived
: the time when something begins or happens
: the attainment of an end or state
: one that has recently arrived <new arrivals>
Examples of ARRIVAL
- They were awaiting the arrival of guests.
- When is the mail scheduled for arrival?
- They track the number of airport arrivals and departures.
- They were late arrivals at the party.
- They are eagerly awaiting the arrival of their wedding day.
- the changes that occur with the arrival of spring
- the arrival of new technology
First Known Use of ARRIVAL
Related to ARRIVAL
- advent, appearance, coming, incoming
- decamping, decampment, departing, departure, disappearance, exit, exiting, farewell, going, leave-taking, parting, quitting
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up arrival? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).