: the quality or state of being vulgar
Examples of VULGARITY
- a comedian known for her vulgarity
- I was shocked by the vulgarity of his language.
- He uttered a vulgarity and was silent.
- We have a policy against printing vulgarities in our magazine.
First Known Use of VULGARITY
Related to VULGARITY
- coarseness, commonness, crassness, crudeness, crudity, grossness, indelicacy, indelicateness, lowness, raffishness, rawness, roughness, rudeness, tastelessness
- cultivation, genteelness, gentility, polish, refinement, tastefulness
Learn More About VULGARITY
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up vulgarity? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).