: for all practical purposes <virtually unknown>
Examples of VIRTUALLY
- We spent virtually all day shopping.
- The stadium was virtually empty by the time the game ended.
- I remember virtually everything he said.
- That illness is virtually unknown in this area.
First Known Use of VIRTUALLY
Related to VIRTUALLY
- about, all but, borderline, fair [chiefly British], fairly, feckly [chiefly Scottish], more or less, most, much, near, nearly, next to, nigh, practically, somewhere, almost, well-nigh
Learn More About VIRTUALLY
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up virtually? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).