: in a practical manner <look practically at the problem>
Examples of PRACTICALLY
- The room's ceiling was so low that we practically had to crawl.
- I talk to him practically everyday.
- The project is practically complete.
- Football is practically a religion in some places.
- Practically speaking, Alaska is too far to go for just a few days.
First Known Use of PRACTICALLY
Related to PRACTICALLY
- about, all but, borderline, fair [chiefly British], fairly, feckly [chiefly Scottish], more or less, most, much, near, nearly, next to, nigh, almost, somewhere, virtually, well-nigh
Learn More About PRACTICALLY
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up practically? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).