: capable of being put to use; especially : serviceable for an end or purpose <useful tools>
: of a valuable or productive kind <do something useful with your life>
— use·ful·ly \-fə-lē\ adverb
Examples of USEFUL
- Does anyone have any useful suggestions?
- It can be useful to know CPR.
- The Internet is useful for finding information quickly.
- She has become one of the team's most useful players.
- Why don't you do something useful with your life?
First Known Use of USEFUL
Related to USEFUL
- actionable, applicable, applicative, applied, functional, practicable, serviceable, ultrapractical, usable (also useable), practical, workable, working
- impracticable, impractical, inapplicable, nonpractical, unusable, unworkable, useless
Next Word in the Dictionary: useful loadPrevious Word in the Dictionary: useeAll Words Near: useful
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up useful? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).