noun treat·ment \ˈtrēt-mənt\
: the way that you think of and act toward someone or something
: the way that you deal with or discuss a subject
: something that deals with or discusses a subject
a : the act or manner or an instance of treating someone or something : handling, usage <the star requires careful treatment>
b : the techniques or actions customarily applied in a specified situation
a : a substance or technique used in treating
b : an experimental condition
defined for English-language learners
Examples of TREATMENT
- We want to ensure equal treatment for everyone.
- The law requires humane treatment of prisoners.
- It's a complicated issue that requires careful treatment.
- The book's treatment of this important issue is unimpressive.
- Previous treatments of this topic have ignored some key issues.
- The patient required immediate medical treatment.
- She is receiving treatment for cancer.
- The drug has been approved as a treatment for AIDS.
First Known Use of TREATMENT
: the act or manner of treating someone or something <The dog received rough treatment by his previous owners.>
: medical or surgical care <The accident victim required immediate treatment.>
: a substance or method used in treating <a treatment for acne> <waste treatment>
: the action or manner of treating a patient medically or surgically <treatment of tuberculosis>
: an instance of treating <the cure required many treatments>
Learn More About TREATMENT