treat·ment noun \ˈtrēt-mənt\
: the way that you think of and act toward someone or something
: the way that you deal with or discuss a subject
: something that deals with or discusses a subject
a : the act or manner or an instance of treating someone or something : handling, usage <the star requires careful treatment>
b : the techniques or actions customarily applied in a specified situation
a : a substance or technique used in treating
b : an experimental condition
Examples of TREATMENT
- We want to ensure equal treatment for everyone.
- The law requires humane treatment of prisoners.
- It's a complicated issue that requires careful treatment.
- The book's treatment of this important issue is unimpressive.
- Previous treatments of this topic have ignored some key issues.
- The patient required immediate medical treatment.
- She is receiving treatment for cancer.
- The drug has been approved as a treatment for AIDS.
First Known Use of TREATMENT
treat·ment noun \ˈtrēt-mənt\ (Medical Dictionary)
: the action or manner of treating a patient medically or surgically <treatment of tuberculosis>
: an instance of treating <the cure required many treatments>
Learn More About TREATMENT
Seen & Heard
What made you want to look up treatment? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).